Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vacation Plans

My sister had showed me some photographs on her last two vacation to Switzerland recently. It has been one of the most talk about ski holiday in her family for years. She had bought some ski gears and clothing prior to it and she is encouraging me to make the trip with her family next year. She gave me some tips about what to bring and what are the best options for accommodations. As she had spent her recent holiday renting an apartment, the next holiday trip we are deciding to try out the ski chalets in the 4 Valleys.

My initial reaction for a chalet was that they are small for 2 or 3 people. As I am bringing along my husband and kids, I was worried that it would be too cramped for two families. I had been looking at the Portes du Soleil apartments for skiers. An apartment will allow us enjoy home cooked food especially when I have children who are allergic to some foods. However, to my surprise she showed me the spacious Switzerland ski chalets has as many as 4 or 5 bedrooms, perfect for all of us.

I had wanted to try out skiing and breathe the cool and pure Alpine air. Looking through some tourism sites, I discovered that besides the traditional ski, there are cross-country skiing, snowboarding, bob sleighing, snow shoe hikes as well. Ski Resorts open from the mid of November up to April so the end of the year school holidays would be perfect as the children will be having their end of the year holidays.

No comments: