Friday, September 19, 2008

The Sting of Fire Ants

The thought of seeing fire ants just makes my skin crawl. In the UK and Australia, they are also called the red ants. These insects feed on small plants, seeds and they usually make their nest in soil near moist spots like near ponds, river or even in parks. The fire ants bite is generally not toxic but the sting can swell into a small bump. However, there may be some who are allergic to the venom. There some external medicines and oral medicines for treating these fire ants bites. Find out what kind of treatment helps to ease the stinging pain and bites in a fire ant guide online.

No comments: