Saturday, October 11, 2008

First Transport fee, Electricity, Now Telephone Bills, What is next?

Singapore residents are going to see their phone bills going up starting from January 1, 2009. If you are a customer with a subscription with Singtel, be prepared to pay S$110 per year.

Calls from the local fixed line will also be increased from 0.7 to 0.8 cents for every 30 second block during peak hours. That sums up to an average of additional of S$1.50 per month with the new rate. I suppose that these cost are unavoidable because everything goes up in recent years and the land line calls have remain stagnant.

But for many Singaporeans who are already been heavily affected by other rising prices, I think even an increase of $10 is going to affect them to rant about it. I have a personal handphone and am thinking of cutting the plan subscription to the basic plan since it is under utilise. I may decide to do away with my landline instead and save me more than $110 a year. A few of my friends have also decided to do away with fixed landlines since they are also using handphones with a basic plan. Can save a lot, actually. As our electrical bill is also going to be increased by about 20% in average, it makes sense to cut down unnecessary things.


What about you.

No comments: